Vision Board

Vision Board
This is a vision board that I created in September 2010.

Bikram Quote of the Week

"Bikram Yoga is the first time you start loving yourself because it is the first time you start seeing yourself."
- Rajashree Choudhury, (Bikram's wife)

Sunday 10 April 2011

The Journey Begins

 Friday was my last day at work.  Did I really just leave my management job with a great company....to go to yoga teacher training???


The day was filled with mixed emotions.  I was happy and excited to be beginning my new journey.  Yet at the same time, I felt so sad to be leaving the people that I work with each day...some I consider to be close personal friends.  It was an overwhelming day of well-wishes, generous gifts and kind goodbyes.  I came home exhausted from all of the attention....still trying to process the decision I had just made.


For the past 5 years I have been working in Human Resources for Andrew Peller Limited.  Most recently, I was responsible for HR for Western Canada and have been based in Kelowna, BC CANADA.  The job was a demanding one and often filled with great trials and challenges.  To maintain myself in the role required long hours and left little time for the things I was longing for in my life.  Although I love helping people, I was feeling disconnected, tired and burned out.


The decision to leave evolved slowly over time, as I made changes in my life...little bit, little bit, little bit at a time.  The big shift started with my first Bikram Yoga class back in the fall of 2008 (which quickly became one of my greatest passions).  Soon after, a visit to my very first Spiritual Life Coach, Debra Kine, (Inner Dwelling), a remarkable woman who helped me see my way through the pain and fear I had been living in...to a place of healing.  Along the way there have been many, many wonderful friends and many books that became my teachers as well (see my list of favourite books).  And then, most recently, my second Spiritual Life Coach, Lori Pinnell (InnerWorks Consulting) who helped me take it to the next level and to take responsibility for being my full, true self.  And so...one morning...I woke up and just knew in my soul that it was time to make a change.


First step was my application to Bikram Yoga Teacher Training Spring 2011.  When my application was accepted, I gave my one month notice to the company that I was resigning.  Now, the day has come and I am officially resigned from my job.  The journey begins.... 




Some wonderful going away cards and gifts from my co-workers: 


No comments:

Post a Comment