Vision Board

Vision Board
This is a vision board that I created in September 2010.

Bikram Quote of the Week

"Bikram Yoga is the first time you start loving yourself because it is the first time you start seeing yourself."
- Rajashree Choudhury, (Bikram's wife)

Tuesday 12 April 2011

4 Days and Counting....

Only 4 days and counting until Bikram Teacher Training!  I have been packing, organizing, packing....getting my apartment ready for Tina and Zoe to move in (they will be taking care of little Baci).  At the same time...I'm trying to make sure I have everything in order by Saturday.  Banking, taxes, emails, still need to find a place to store my car, hair appointment, goodbye dinners and most importantly...what to pack for nine weeks away!   I've decided to take a minimalist approach...thanks to the great advice from my friend Claire.  So, as much for myself, as for anyone who may want to go to Teacher Training in the future...


The List: Notes in Orange were added after training.
Passport
Electrolytes - Critical when you're sweating it out in 2 hot classes a day (Mostly used Rajashree's recommendation: Water, Lemon, Sea Salt & Honey.)
Vitamins/Hemp Seeds/Healthy Skin Greens 
Mini Cuisinart Blender (for my morning breakfast shakes) So happy I brought this with me.  Used it almost every day!
Stainless Steel Water Bottles (2) - Worth it to invest in a good one that keeps your water cold during class.  
Laptop (cables/cords)
Ipod/iphone & Earbuds
Camera / extra batteries
Journals/note books/fun pens
Destiny Cards - Wrote about these in my blog.  So great to have but not something I am recommending to others necessarily
Mala Beads 
Reiki and Mantra Books - just in case I need them (Did not use these - absolutely no extra time or energy to look at books)
Meditation Chair (Backjack) Used it every day in posture clinic.  Many people were envious! Worth hauling that around the airports.
Hot Yoga gear - everything I own - about 7 outfits - Remember NO GREEN
Lulu Capris/yoga pants Tank Tops, Skorts & Jackets for posture clinics - Nothing GREEN
Flip Flops, sandals, running shoes
Bathing Suits!!  
Jeans, T-Shirts, Jacket 
Cosmetics
PJs
Dress for Graduation (and all accessories)
*I was going to buy a rice maker or grill for cooking but decided to wait until I get to LA and see what is available at the hotel...and from other students (maybe they will share).  My roommate brought a microwave!! Lucky me!  We also bought a kettle that doubled as an egg cooker and veggie steamer.  Was too tired to do any serious cooking.


I would add:  


1) Ear plugs (just trust me!  You'll want these.  I was lucky, a friend gave me a pair...great during movies that are too loud, trying to study dialogue and people are talking around you, roommates may snore at night, etc.)
2) More comfy clothes for lectures and movie nights.
3) Plate, a good knife for cooking and a few containers for leftovers.
4) Drying rack for wet yoga clothes...we bought this once in LA 
5) Yoga mat spray - disinfectant
6) Small first aid kit - Tylenol, Advil, Gravol, bandaids, antibiotic ointment, etc.


It's hard not to let nerves kick in.  I am excited about the adventure ahead yet feeling that I need to have everything ready before I go.  Of course, all of this is mixed in with the emotions of having just left my job and many special friends.  I realize that this means I am moving toward a new way of life...leaving behind the security and comfort of what I had.  For today, I'm just trying to keep my heart open, my mind quiet and remember to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment