Vision Board

Vision Board
This is a vision board that I created in September 2010.

Bikram Quote of the Week

"Bikram Yoga is the first time you start loving yourself because it is the first time you start seeing yourself."
- Rajashree Choudhury, (Bikram's wife)

Monday 13 June 2011

Week 8 - Almost there....

My study partner and new friend, Emma.  Coffee and dialogue on Sunday morning.
Before class with Kat and Jane
After a super HOT class


Friday night and class is over!  Smiling, happy faces!

I've just had some technical problems with my blog and lost almost everything I wrote over the weekend.  I now have to get ready for the morning yoga class, so I don't have time to re-write it.  I guess it wasn't meant to be shared.  So, I've just attached a few photos, and the little bit of writing that wasn't lost.  I will write again later in the week if I have a few spare moments.
Namaste 




Excerpt from the blog writing that wasn't lost....
Path of the Soul Destiny Cards


At the last minute before leaving home, I felt inspired to put my Path of the Soul Destiny Cards in my suitcase.  I thought that I may need an uplifting message at some point during the training.  Little did I know at the time, how great the cards would be for not only myself but so many trainees as well.  It started one day during a 15min break midway through posture clinic.  I thought I would quietly do a card reading for my friend Emma as a fun break from the postures.  I didn't think anyone would even notice, but the cards were like a magnet!   People started gathering around to see what they were and one by one people were asking me to do a card reading for them.  Obviously we didn't have a lot of time, so silently throughout the last half of the clinic, I would let people pull a card and then let them read their own message in the booklet.  It was just what everyone needed!  I was so thrilled to see people's faces light up or sometimes a little tear would come to their eyes as a message touched them in a special way.  Almost everyone wanted to write down the message in their journal.  


I have now taken to caring the cards with me every day.  Whenever we have a few spare minutes, I do a card reading for someone nearby.  I usually don't even have mention the cards.  People either come up and ask me, or people will see me doing it for another person and ask if they can sit in.  It has been a great way to meet so many wonderful people here.  What is particularly interesting, is that although there are 44 cards in the deck, people pick the same 4 or 5 cards over and over again.  It is as though we all need to hear a similar message of encouragement.  


As you can imagine, when you live in such close proximity to so many people for nine weeks...sharing the ups and downs...everyone missing their families back home... we become close in a very short period of time.  There is lots of love here!  I feel blessed to have met so many wonderful people from around the world.  We now how friends and a place to work or just visit worldwide.  So exciting!  


I am so happy to be starting the last week of training.  Only four more days of classes and lectures!!  Graduation is on Friday!  Yahooo!


Group 8 out for dinner.  I think we had the BEST group at Teacher Training!



1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about the cards - you are so meant to do this type of work.

    Love your itsy, bitsy, teeny weeny shorts, too! You are looking so bodacious, it's ridiculous!

    3 days to go, my darling friend :)
    Love Claire

    ReplyDelete